Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cracked frame

 A local guy here picked up a 1978 shovel chopper in I believe a Denver's frame for cheap. It had a blown head gasket when he got it. So he brought it to me to get it road worthly....

After pulling the head I found it needed a complete top end. I also found that the frame was cracked just behind the front motor mount.
 
 Since the motor was going to be apart anyway I took the time to weld the frame back up
 Cut about 10" out of the bottom frame rail with the cases still bolted in to hold everything in place. I did this so I could get a good slug in both ends and fix it for good.
 It all went pretty smooth and turned out good. This frame has cracked and had more then one repair before so we'll see where it breaks next.

No comments:

Post a Comment